We’re currently accepting unsolicited book proposals only for the following categories:
- Academic (only college and seminary textbooks in the areas of theology, biblical studies, church history, etc.)
- Reference (commentaries, handbooks, encyclopedias, etc.)
- Ministry Resources (books and resources for pastors and ministry professionals)
Save your proposal as a Microsoft Word document (unless it contains Hebrew, Greek, or language other than English, in which case it should be saved as an Adobe PDF document) and send it electronically as an attachment to submissions [at] zondervan [dot] com. Include the appropriate category (Academic, Reference, or Ministry) in the subject line.
Your proposal should also include:
- the book title
- a table of contents, including a two or three sentence description of each chapter
- a brief description of the proposed book, including the unique contribution of the book and why you feel it must be published
- your intended reader
- and your vita (personal biographical sketch), including your qualifications to write the book.
The proposal should be no more than five pages. If we’re interested in reviewing more material from you, we’ll respond within six weeks.
For all other categories (Fiction, Christian Living, Devotional, Kids, Bibles, etc.), we encourage you to upload your manuscript to www.authonomy.com/Christian, the free online community for authors, editors, and readers of Christian resources. Book proposals posted here are available for review by writers, readers, and other publishing professionals.
All unsolicited proposals or manuscripts received outside of the above guidelines will be discarded. This includes both electronic and hard copy submissions. Recommended Publishing Resources You may be interested in reading The Christian Writer’s Manual of Style by current Zondervan Editor, Robert Hudson.
Another resource to note is the Christian Writers’ Market Guide by Sally E. Stuart. This book includes writer guidelines and submission procedures for all Christian publishing houses.
Further publishing information is available in the industry directory Literary Market Place, published by R. R. Bowker.
Thank you for your interest in publishing with Zondervan.