* Have you ever woken up and felt bad about yourself for no reason whatsoever?
* Have you spent time trying to figure out how to get into the popular group at school?
* Have you ever been embarrassed by your dad singing in the car with your friends?
* Have you noticed that things are starting to feel different than ever before?
* Do you change your opinion---or even your personality around different friends?
* Do you get overwhelmed with all of the thoughts and feelings bouncing around inside of you?
If you answered yes to even one of these questions, you passed the quiz. That means you’re a normal girl, who is going through the confusing changes of growing up! Sometimes it might feel like you woke up in a whole new world---kind of like Dorothy, in the Wizard of Oz. The good news is, you’re not alone.
Melissa and Sissy, the authors of this book, think they can help you figure out some of the big questions in your life. Even if you haven’t asked them out loud, chances are you’ve started to wonder:
* Who am I?
* What do I want?
* What should I do?
* Who do I want to be?
While they’re no longer teenagers, Melissa and Sissy remember a bit about what it was like to be 11 or 12---almost a teenager. But more than that, they talk with girls who are a lot like you every day---girls who are feeling confused or overwhelmed, who are feeling like they’re changing in ways they don’t understand---physically, emotionally, and spiritually---and they feel like their lives are out of their own control.
In this book, Melissa and Sissy, along with girls your age, will share some insight into what’s going on in your life. You’ll find that you’re not going crazy---you’re just growing up and becoming the person God has created you to be.